Your confident smile depends on healthy teeth. It’s a blessing if they are in perfect shape. But not all of us can gloat over a perfect set of teeth. But do we need braces only for getting our teeth in line?
Some of the reasons that indicate the need for braces are as follows:
- If your teeth appear to be crooked and make you feel under-confident when you smile.
- If you find that your teeth are not perfectly aligned and cause trouble.
- If you find it difficult to chew food, it’s high time that you should get braces. Incapacity to chew food can prove detrimental for your oral hygiene. Getting your teeth properly aligned can be the only solution.
- You spot yourself breathing through the mouth most of the times. Although, this is not a major issue, wearing braces can be a good option.
- It’s tough for you to clean your crowded teeth.
- Poor alignment of teeth causes facial pain when you try to pronounce specific sounds.
If you are suffering from any of the aforementioned problems, braces can be your saviour. You can find a dentist in Phoenix who can fit in braces as per your requirement.
In today’s world, people judge us by our appearance. A beautiful smile only contributes towards improving our overall appearance. If you are planning to beautify your smile, or enhance your appearance, schedule an appointment with a dentist in 85037.
Things you should be mindful of before getting braces:
- Though wearing braces won’t cost you a fortune, the costs of getting them fitted depend on various factors. Factors are mentioned as follows:
- Whether your teeth are severely misaligned.
- The kind of braces you choose to wear- Metal Braces, Ceramic braces, Plastic Braces and Lingual braces
- Whether your orthodontist performed any other treatment such as extraction.
- Braces tend to hurt but only in certain circumstances. They cause major discomfort initially when the braces are fitted.
- There are certain kinds of foods that you need to avoid while you are wearing braces.
- Crunchy foods like nuts and hard candies
- Chewy foods like gummy candies
- Sticky foods like liquorice and toffee
- Food that need biting into like apples
- If you are wondering about the how long you will have to wear braces, dentists in Phoenix AZ can give you an estimate. It generally depends upon the alignment of your teeth. If they are severely misaligned, you will have to wear them for a long duration.
- You will have to be particular about your oral hygiene. While wearing braces, you will have to brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day.
Benefits of Wearing Braces
- They help you in maintaining oral hygiene and protect you from cavities. Braces improve the structure of your teeth by aligning them in the right position. Aligned teeth make it easier for you to chew your food and brush your teeth.
- Misaligned teeth lead to bone loss. It is also known as jawbone erosion. Braces protect your teeth from bone loss.
- Apart from health benefits, braces can make you feel more confident about yourself. No one with crowded or crooked teeth wants to flash a smile. But if you have a perfect set of teeth, it can boost your self-esteem.
- Misaligned teeth cause problems when you pronounce certain sounds. It can cause you to whistle and this can be embarrassing if you are addressing the crowd. Wearing braces can help you in improving your speech.
Now that you are acquainted with the benefits of wearing braces, you shouldn’t worry about the age factor. No one is too old for wearing braces.
But wearing braces can still seem daunting in some cases. All you need to do is consult a dentist near you. You can schedule an appointment with Garden Lakes Family Dentistry. They have expert orthodontists to take care of all your needs.